Saturday, June 22, 2019

STOP! Well, more like CAN'T GO!

STOP!  Well, more like CAN'T GO!



This is what happens when I decided that I was going to do the braking system myself for the tow vehicle.  I was installing the Air Force One braking system in my car and I accidentally drilled into the brake booster on the back side.  I was trying to mount a small plate right behind the brake pedal on the floorboard (firewall).  Because this is such a small car, there isn't much room to mount this thing.  As luck would have it, I hit the brake booster on the other side of the firewall.

On my way to work, I turned the Air-con on...well, I do live in Central FL!  I noticed that the engine was laboring and revving up quite a bit to keep a steady speed.  I made it to a stop to make a turn, and then it all hit....my anti-lock brake light came on, and my brakes were smoking!!  I made it to a nearby lot to call for HELP.

I ended up buying the new booster off Amazon and taking it to a local auto-shop to have them fix it.  They did a great job in replacing it AND putting my bracket back into place.  They bolted from the engine side so I wouldn't be tempted to drill into the new brake booster!

No comments:

Post a Comment